Friday, October 12, 2007
mother's hope and prayer
I have been away for some time. Busy for various reasons.Tomorrow is my child's Birthday. I am just surprised the way time has flown away and my little birds have grown up and are flying out of the Nest. As they leave home and go,my mind clouds with worries and anxieties. Anteryami Prabhu knows it all and Guru gives an expression to my inner thoughts. So here is my Ardas for you my children. Even as you become busy in today's hectic work schedules stay close to the GURU. My presence may not be required by you any more but Guru should be your guiding force at each every moment. So my children this is your mother's hope and prayer,


ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਨਾਸਹਿ ਪਿਤਰੀ ਹੋਇ ਉਧਾਰੋ ॥
ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੁਮੑ ਸਦ ਹੀ ਜਾਪਹੁ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰੋ ॥੧॥
ਪੂਤਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੀ ਆਸੀਸ ॥ ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਬਿਸਰਉ ਤੁਮੑ ਕਉ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਦਾ ਭਜਹੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਤੁਮੑ ਕਉ ਹੋਇ ਦਇਆਲਾ ਸੰਤਸੰਗਿ ਤੇਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥
ਕਾਪੜੁ ਪਤਿ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਰਾਖੀ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਨੀਤਿ ॥੨॥
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਵਹੁ ਸਦਾ ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਅਨਦ ਅਨੰਤਾ ॥
ਰੰਗ ਤਮਾਸਾ ਪੂਰਨ ਆਸਾ ਕਬਹਿ ਨ ਬਿਆਪੈ ਚਿੰਤਾ ॥੩॥
ਭਵਰੁ ਤੁਮੑਾਰਾ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਹੋਵਉ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣਾ ਹੋਹੁ ਕਉਲਾ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸੁ ਉਨ ਸੰਗਿ ਲਪਟਾਇਓ ਜਿਉ ਬੂੰਦਹਿ ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕੁ ਮਉਲਾ ॥੪॥੩॥੪॥
GUJRI, FIFTH MEHL: Remembering Him, all sins are erased, and ones generations are saved. So meditate continually on the Lord, Har, Har; He has no end or limitation. || 1 || O son, this is your mothers hope and prayer, that you may never forget the Lord, Har, Har, even for an instant. May you ever vibrate upon the Lord of the Universe. || 1 || Pause || May the True Guru be kind to you, and may you love the Society of the Saints. May the preservation of your honor by the Transcendent Lord be your clothes, and may the singing of His Praises be your food. || 2 || So drink in forever the Ambrosial Nectar; may you live long, and may the meditative remembrance of the Lord give you infinite delight. May joy and pleasure be yours; may your hopes be fulfilled,and may you never be troubled by worries. || 3 || Let this mind of yours be the bumble bee, and let the Lords feet be the lotus flower. Says servant Nanak, attach your mind to them, and blossom forth like the song-bird, upon finding the rain-drop. || 4 || 3 || 4 ||

 
posted by upinder kaur at 10/12/2007 10:50:00 am | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 19 October 2007 at 4:06 pm, Blogger Gurjeet Singh

    Wish her a happy birthday and may Waheguru keep her in cherdikala. The wishes come late, sorry for that. The sweetest gift that a parent can give is the Gurbaani lesson, she must have loved it. There are lessons to be learnt by me too, but all in a good time. I have pulled some strings of the instrumental mind in a completely different dimension and I had been a bit haisty. Hope for the better response.

    Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

     
  • At 24 October 2007 at 5:12 pm, Blogger upinder kaur

    Thank you Gurjeet!
    May Guru bless you too.
    Its my Ardas for all of you (i.e. All my children).Sorry for the late response as i was too busy to even check my mail.Convey my regards to your mom.
    Lots of love

     
  • At 25 October 2007 at 9:20 am, Blogger Dipti

    Upinder Ji... Sat Shri Akal .. I stumbled upon your website and I think its wonderful . Its so soothing to read such beautiful shabads from Guru Granth Sahib Ji ..The pictures you have chosen add to the beauty..I plan to read more ...

    I am looking for the detailed explanation of 'barah maha' from Granth sahib Ji .. Please direct me to a website if you are already aware of where can I find it ..

    Thanks again

     
  • At 25 October 2007 at 4:43 pm, Blogger upinder kaur

    Thanks Dipti,
    I am not sure if you can read Gurmukhi. The best thing to read on Barah Maha will be a book by Prof. Sahib Singh ji. But for the time being, you can see these sites.
    There are are two barahmahas in Guru Granth sahib.
    first is Barahmaha of Raag Maajh written by Guru Arjan dev ji.(ang-133)

    This is the link to the site :-
    http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=0&Param=133

    Second is by Guru Nanak Dev ji in Raag Tukhari( ang- 1107)
    link to this barahmaha is
    http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=0&Param=1107

    Lots of love

     
  • At 26 October 2007 at 8:57 am, Blogger Dipti

    Upinder Ji.. Thank you so much for both the links .I really appreciate it .
    Yes I can read gurmukhi.. not very fluently though ...
    Also I was wondering if you knew of any link where there was a detailed vyakhya of Barah Maha (like Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen's Vyakhya or Professor Darshan Singh Ji's vyakhya ) rather than line by line translation ...where I can understand the intrinsic meaning and symbolism of 12 months of barah maha ... once again thanks a lot for your help ...

     
  • At 26 October 2007 at 12:25 pm, Blogger upinder kaur

    Hi dipti,
    I found the link for you
    http://www.proudtobesikh.com/khalsa/ptbsJukeboxes/ProudToBeSikhOtherJukeboxes.aspx?Jukebox=KATHAS
    you'll find Katha by Sant Singh ji maskeen of barahmaha (Raag Maajh).

     
  • At 3 November 2007 at 8:48 am, Blogger Dipti

    Upinder Ji..Thanks so much . This is a wonderful link . Thanks again for your help