Thursday, April 20, 2006
Vaisakh Bhalaa Saakhaa Vays Karay
Last weekend I visited punjab and got some photographs.More photos in the next post.
The Golden Crop Is Ready For Harvesting



The Sunflower Crop

The Wild Flowers

The Satluj River


vYswKu Blw swKw vys kry ] (1108-3, quKwrI, mÚ 1)
vaisaakh bhalaa saakhaa vays karay.
Baisakh is so pleasant; the branches blossom with new leaves.

Dn dyKY hir duAwir Awvhu dieAw kry ]
Dhan daykhai har du-aar aavhu da-i-aa karay.
The soul-bride yearns to see the Lord at her door. Come, O Lord, and take pity on me!


Gir Awau ipAwry duqr qwry quDu ibnu AFu n molo ]
ghar aa-o pi-aaray dutar taaray tuDh bin adh na molo.
Please come home, O my Beloved; carry me across the treacherous world-ocean.
Without You, I am not worth even a shell.

kImiq kaux kry quDu BwvW dyiK idKwvY Folo ]
keemat ka-un karay tuDh bhaavaaN daykh dikhaavai dholo.
Who can estimate my worth, if I am pleasing to You? I see You, and inspire others to see You, O my Love.

dUir n jwnw AMqir mwnw hir kw mhlu pCwnw ]
door na jaanaa antar maanaa har kaa mahal pachhaanaa.
I know that You are not far away; I believe that You are deep within me, and I realize Your Presence.

nwnk vYswKIN pRBu pwvY suriq sbid mnu mwnw ]6]
naanak vaisaakheeN parabh paavai surat sabad man maanaa.
O Nanak, finding God in Baisakhi, the consciousness is filled with the Word of the
Shabad, and the mind comes to believe.

 
posted by upinder kaur at 4/20/2006 08:50:00 am | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 20 April 2006 at 5:37 pm, Blogger Sifar

    Nice refreshing pictures... abundance of oxygen... no pollution... what place is this Penjee?

     
  • At 20 April 2006 at 8:53 pm, Blogger Prabhu Singh

    Punjab like I've never seen. Just as I imagined it in the Guru's time!
    Thank you. WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

     
  • At 21 April 2006 at 8:03 pm, Blogger upinder kaur

    This place is 1.5 Km from Ropar bus terminal. Its between Chamkaur Sahib And Kesgarh Sahib. Gurudwara Parivar Vichora at river Sirsa is about 2km upstream from here. Sirsa is a tributary of Satluj. Guru Gobind Singh must have travelled through this region while going to Chamkaur after vacating KesGarh Fort.